Open Community Media Room: Background and the Future
The Open Community Media Room was started in 2004 and is running on volunteer base as social enterprise project.
· To bring communities’ members together and to increase understanding of their rights and responsibilities towards Canadian society;
· To develop cultural and art abilities of community members and Canadian newcomers.
· To dedicate ourselves to the efficient information support of cultural and art activities of Canadian life;
· To assist in newcomers’ adaptation, by providing them basic information about all aspects of Canadian life and culture;
· To provide information services, i.e. video, audio, print materials for communities needs;
· To assist Canadian communities in publishing information of their social and cultural programs and events;
· To help authors in realization of their creative initiatives.
· Publication Category;
· Photo Category;
· Reference Board;
· Russian-Canadian Archives;
· IT Sub-projects;
· Children Art Contests;
· Newcomers Settlement Program
We gather and analyze information on all aspects of Canadian everyday life, which could help newcomers, as well as residents, to get their point of view on issues they never dealt before.
We aim at helping new members of Canadian society in expanding their abilities and talents; meet their cultural needs, and access information and education essential for success in their new environment.
Our future objective is to maintain Media Room with services of restoration audio/video/photo materials and services for do-it-yourself saloon, where artists and authors could realize their creative potential.
The Open Community Media Room provides multi-lingual support of processed materials, documents all community events in the database.